Volunteer at Life Centers
We always love to get new volunteers!
Life Centers of Ventura County is primarily a volunteer run organization and is always in need of helping hands. There are many ways you can assist in our mission, here are just a few of the volunteer positions we could use help with:
- Answer phones, greet clients, check mail, write thank you letters, etc. It's only a 4 hour/week commitment!
- Are you a good listener and enjoy helping people? Consider becoming a peer counselor to offer support and resources to our young women. Training provided.
- Can you speak and write in Spanish? We need translators to help us communicate with our predominantly Hispanic clientele. Translate during counseling sessions or help us translate client forms into Spanish.
- Only able to work from home? Consider becoming a hotliner and providing peer counseling on our helpline from the comfort of your own home. It only takes a few hours a month. Training provided.
- to perform limited obstetric ultrasounds. Please call and leave your name if you would like to be considered for training next year.
- We need organizers for some of our main fundraising events like our annual Mother's Day Corsage Sale, Luncheon-Fashion Show, Poinsettia Sale, Baby Bottle Boomerang, and Dinner/Auction-donations and helpers. Have grant-writing experience?
- Help us spread the word about Life Centers! Write press releases, post flyers around local college campuses, introduce Life Centers to potential new supporters and clients.
Ventura County Fair booth
- Spend a few hours sitting in our booth at the fair and talk to people about Life Centers. Its fun & you get free fair tickets!
Got a Special Talent? Let us know what it is and how you think you might be able to use your skills for Life Centers.
- Bilingual Spanish/English Counselors